Job Posting – Manager – Office and Administration
Job Title: Manager – Office and Administration
Job Location: Colorado Christian Services (CCS), 3959 East Arapahoe Road, Suite 200, Centennial, CO 80122
Office Hours: Flexible Part Time – 15 to 20 hours per week
Compensation: $20 – $22 per hour depending on experience
FLSA Status: Flexible Part Time – 15 to 20 hours per week
Benefits: Shared-premium medical insurance, pro-rated holiday, vacation and sick time pay (referred to as Paid Time Off – PTO). SIMPLE IRA with employer match.
Job Summary: This part-time position exists to help assure that the staff and Board of Colorado Christian Services are able to focus on and accomplish the day-to-day activities necessary to fully accomplish the mission and business objectives of Colorado Christian Services. This position serves financial contributors, staff and Board as well as the Colorado Christian Services’ counseling and adoption clients with an emphasis on Christian values and the respect for the dignity and worth of all individuals. Assignments can be complex where judgement, analysis and initiative are required.
Relationships: This job (position) holder reports to the Executive Director.
Tasks, Duties and Major Responsibilities:
- Analyze and organize office operations and procedures, information management, filing systems, requisition of supplies and other clerical services
- Maximize office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications
- Research and develop resources that create timely and efficient workflow
- Establish uniform correspondence procedures and style practices
- Formulate procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal of records
- Prepare activities reports for guidance of management
- Maintain contact with customers and outside vendors
Office Management Duties
- Answer telephone
- Respond appropriately to each inquiry about Colorado Christian Services adoption services and counseling services
- Process mail
- Order and organize office printing supplies, as needed (letterhead, envelopes, etc.)
- Responsible for sending out monthly tax receipts/thank you letters to individual and church contributors in a timely manner
- Relationship Management System – Maintain donor database, donor communications and monthly / annual tax receipts
- Assist staff with general typing, filing and miscellaneous paperwork
- Check email; forward, printout and/or distribute to appropriate person
- Maintain storage areas
- Receive and sort children’s clothing donations and maintain the upstairs clothing area. Gather and distribute clothing items (and diapers) to clients as requested
- Assist in renewal of applications for nonprofit organizations
- Supervise office equipment maintenance
Adoption Program Duties
Interactive Adoption Seminars
- Prepare and send adoption information packet to prospective adoptive parents
- Prepare PowerPoint presentation for Seminars
- Prepare Seminar notebooks
- Correspond with families attending Seminar, giving the necessary instructions needed to prepare to attend Seminar
- Prepare agendas and outlines for Seminars
Adoptive Family Files
- Open appropriate permanent file for each family
- Prepare paperwork for each file and send to family, as needed
- Assist caseworker in tracking, maintaining and sending paperwork for each file, as needed
- Add each family to Record Book and update as needed
- Close file after review and maintain permanent Record Book
- Prepare closed files for scanning and ensure that it is added to the digital file database
Birth Parent Files
- Prepare paperwork for each file once initial meeting with Colorado Christian Services’ caseworker has occurred.
- Set up file and record entries in Record Book, updating as needed
- Close file after review and maintain permanent Record Book
- Complete records and prepare Colorado Department of Human Services Annual Report
- Complete records and prepare Colorado Christian Services Annual Report
- Open and maintain client files
- Create and maintain all reports
Board Service Duties
- Prepare monthly adoption and counseling reports for board meetings
- Prepare reports for development activities for board meetings, as needed
- Type agenda as needed for each meeting
- Assemble board information packet for each board member
Public Relations / Fundraising Events
- Assist in coordination, invitation and set-up for all special events and receptions
- Assist with various agency development activities and fundraising events as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receive deliveries, transport through the office and put away in a timely manner
- Transport boxes up and down the stairs, from the basement to the upper level and vice versa
- Move furniture and prepare for events within the office space.
This job (position) description is not all inclusive and may be added to verbally or in writing by the jobholder’s supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High School diploma is required with college degree in a related field preferred. Three to five years office management and secretarial experience is prefered
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and maintain policy manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients and the general public.
Individual should have good social, secretarial, and computer skills. Should be proficient in the full Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience in database [CRM] management necessary. Should be detail-oriented, friendly, organized, articulate, and flexible. Needs to have working knowledge of all aspects of the Agency which will require on-thejob training. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Contributes to the development of the agency. Recognizes, initiates, and leads improvement activities. Is not hesitant to change or challenge decisions to meet performance goals or commitments. Requires considerable judgment, tact, discretion, and initiative.
Cover Letter: Describe your specific skills, experience and qualifications to fulfill the job description. Also include in your letter what you believe makes you uniquely qualified to serve the faith-based, adoptive families served through Colorado Christian Services.
Current Résumé: List your employment, experience and education.
Submit the letter and résumé by email to Info@ChristianServices.org. Include your name and the job title in the subject line. This will be the only acceptable method of submission. No phone calls, please.